Jenkins is the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tool used for devops. Jenkins helps to automate the non-human part of the software development process, here we will see how to install this tool on Jenkins installation on Linux – Centos/RHEL|Ubuntu/Debian.
How to Install Jenkins on Centos?
How to Install Jenkins on RHEL?
How to Install Jenkins on Linux?
How to Install Jenkins on Ubuntu?
Install and configure Jenkins on Linux – Centos/RHEL|Ubuntu/Debian
Lets refer to the following step by step process for Jenkins installation on Linux – Centos/RHEL|Ubuntu/Debian and a few configuration steps.
Jenkins installation Prerequisites
- Java 8
- Bare minimal or base installation of Linux – Centos/RHEL|Ubuntu/Debian
Jenkins installation on Debian/Ubuntu
- Add Jenkins Repository
GPGkey with the following command.
# wget -q -O - https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian/jenkins-ci.org.key | sudo apt-key add -
- Once key added it will return
- Now append the repository address to
sources.listfile with the following command.
# sh -c 'echo deb http://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable binary/ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jenkins.list'
- Update the package database information with the following command.
# apt-get update
- After updating package database information is updated, install jenkins with below command.
# apt-get install jenkins
- Now start Jenkins service using:
# systemctl start jenkins
Jenkins installation on RHEL/Centos
- Add Jenkins Repository key with following command.
# wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/jenkins.repo http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat-stable/jenkins.repo
- Add Jenkins repository
# rpm --import https://jenkins-ci.org/redhat/jenkins-ci.org.key
- Install jenkins with the below command.
# yum install jenkins
- Now start Jenkins service.
systemctl start jenkins
Jenkins post installation configuration
- You have successfully installed Jenkins, now time to setting it up!!
- Open your browser and visit the url : http://your-ip-address:8080 (default port for Jenkins is 8080)
- You will get Unlock Jenkins page
- You will need to enter initial administrator password, to get this password use the command:
# cat /var/lib/jenkins/secrets/initialAdminPassword
- Copy the password and paste it to the administrator password feild, click on continue.
- Next screen will be customization of Jenkins
- Choose one of the option of your choice, here I will select install suggested plugins option, it will begin installation of plugins.
- Once plugins are installed, you will get prompt for creating first admin user.
- Enter the first admin user details and click on save and continue, after that you will get below confirmation screen.
- Congratulations!! At this point Jenkins setup is done!